300g of chosen pasta
4 x @pasturepoultry chicken breast , skinless and boneless
225g sun dried tomatoes drained of oil (keep oil to the side)
1 onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves , minced
1 x teaspoon mixed herbs
½ teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon tomato puree
125 ml white wine (sub chicken broth)
185 ml chicken broth/stock , low sodium
185 ml Double cream
25g parmesan grated
2 tsp Dijon mustard (Note 3)
2 bunches spinach
Salt & black pepper
Pasta: Cook according to packet instructions in boiling salted water. Keep 2 tablespoon of water from pasta after you have strained it. Sprinkle some olive oil over the strained pasta to stop it from sticking together.
1.Cut chicken into strips and sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper & teaspoon of oil from tomato jar
2. Heat remaining oil from sun dried tomato jar (no more than 2 tablespoons) in a large pan/skillet over high heat.
3. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides - approx 4 minutes for breast.
Remove from pan using slotted spoon onto a plate
4. Turn heat down to medium high and add chopped onions. Add the garlic and cook for 15 seconds
5.Add herbs, tomato purée & mustard and mix cooking for a further 15-20 seconds.
6. Add wine or stock and scrape the bottom to deglaze pan bring to a simmer for approx 1-2 mins
7. Add the chicken broth (or remaining broth if not using white wine), sun dried tomatoes and return chicken to pan and mix
8. Bring back to a simmer and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes
9. Add spinach, cream, parmesan cheese and water from pasta cooking then stir. Stir regularly to dissolve parmesan cheese.
10.Taste sauce and add more salt and pepper if needed.
11. Serve with fresh salad and garlic bread
1. To make dairy free I remove cream and Parmesan and substitute with coconut yoghurt or coconut cream. I use a coconut yoghurt called koko that is soya free and tastes like coconut if I have with granola etc but is not super strong to come through in the cooking if that makes sense.
2. If you want gluten free there are amazing Italian pasta alternatives but if you want no pasta I would cut chicken breast horizontally to make 2 thin breasts or use chicken thigh and follow recipe then serve with salad, roasted sweet potato
Let us know how we can help.